Friday, March 30, 2007

Enoel shares his burden...


Two years ago I lead a small team to Bolivia to help missionaries Enoel and Leisa Suarez in the work there. They are on furlough in Canada right now but are receiving calls for help from his people in Bolivia because of serious flooding that has affected vast regions of the country. He sent me an update today which I want to share with you for prayer and consideration. He writes...

"Please read...Some time ago, I read about the flood that had affected Bolivia……especially Trinidad and the surrounding area. I thought…surely I can help them, so I began to pray for them. However, the news kept coming, and friends described the situation.
After I arrived from my trip to New Jersey, Leisa told me that Dr. Placido Mercado had called and would call again. I talked to him last Saturday, and he informed me of the need.
Doctor Placido Mercado and Brother Julio Acosta have suggested taking items needed. The people are suffering with fungus, diarrhea, dengue fever, breathing problems, and they need to hear the gospel in this difficult situation. We need some antibiotic creams, pills to purify the water, etc.
If anyone would like to join me on this trip to help the needy, please contact CMML at (732) 449-8880 Or MSC at (905) 947-0468.
We are here to make a difference; let’s do it (Gal. 6:10: “Therefore, as we have opportunity, ‘let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith”). Now is the opportunity!

Your Servant in the Lord,

Enoel Suarez"

No comments: