Monday, January 23, 2006

Oh, Canada!


Oh, Canada!
Do you know how they first spelled "Canada"?
Well, you have a "C", eh, then an "N", eh, and then a "D" eh!


Vera and I just voted a while ago. She talked to me on the walk home about her Grandpa who fought in WWII. What a privilege we have to live in our great country of ice, hockey, Tim Horton's and freedom.

In the light of the election let us remember God's Word:

I exhort therefore, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, thanksgivings, be made for all men; for kings and all that are in high place; that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and gravity. This is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour; who would have all men to be saved, and come to the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, one mediator also between God and men, himself man, Christ Jesus, who gave himself a ransom for all; the testimony to be borne in its own times; whereunto I was appointed a preacher and an apostle (I speak the truth, I lie not), a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.
(1 Timothy 2:1-7)

No comments: