Tuesday, November 08, 2005

As the Father has sent me, even so, send I you..."


Thanks Adam for sending me the photo! Here are the missionaries that took part in the Ottawa Missions Conference. The guy in the back row with the dark blue shirt is Garnet Cooney, my spiritual father. He and Gwen serve the Lord in Ireland. It was amazing to hear the various reports. The lady behind me on the right is Marjorie Beckwith, missionary to Angola. She reported that Angola enjoys peace right now after many years of war. She shared the great need for workers there, especially teachers. She has been serving Angola for over 50 years!
The Keynote speaker was Fred Kosin; here is a summary of his excellent message...

John 17:18, 20:19-21 "As the Father has sent me, even so send I you". We are all called to go...across the street or across the country. Jesus was sent to seek and save those who were lost (Luke 19:10)
He was sent
1. To the Poor (2 Corinthians 8:9)
2. To the Paralyzed (John 5)
3. To the Prisoner (Luke 4)
4. To the Prostitute (Luke 7)
5. To the Politicians (Pilate, Herod etc.)
6. To the Prosperous (Luke 19)

1 comment:

baliski said...

you can try here replica ysl my response replica wallets helpful resources replica gucci handbags