Sunday, September 10, 2006

Motives for Missions


Hi,
Greetings from Sudbury! With SBF (Sudbury Bible Fellowship) for the day I am about to share the presentation of the Belize Youth Mission for the first time. I hope all the technology works! We do have strong motivation to be involved in the greatest mission ever:

1. The Command from Above: "Go into all the world and preach the gospel" (Mark 16:15)

2. The Cry from below: "I have five brothers, send someone to warn them lest they also come into this place of torment" The rich man in hell wanted to become a missionary! Selah! (Luke 16:27,28)

3. The Call from Beyond: "Come over and help us" The Macedonian man calling for the help of Paul the Apostle. Can you hear the call for help? (Acts 16:9)

4. The Constraint from within: "The love of Christ constrains us" This is the best motive. If we have experienced God's love in Christ it will be impossible to keep it to ourselves. (2 Corinthians 5:14,15)

I can't remember where I 1st saw this outline, but it has never left me. May the Lord who loved us help us be faithful to His command, call and constraint.

No comments: